Are you confused on how to effectively use Twitter for business? Don’t worry, you’re not alone. Twitter is one of the easiest social media websites to use. However, it can take a while to build a Twitter following, especially when you’re a small business owner because you probably do everything yourself. The good news is you can hire a freelance writer to write your blog posts and articles and take care of your social media while you focus on marketing and selling products and or services.
Using Twitter doesn’t have to make your head hurt. It’s one of the easiest social media websites to use. There are no ‘bells and whistles’ which makes it more appealing. You can say what you want to say and say it in 140 characters or less. There’s no worrying about your mom, spouse, etc. wanting to ‘chat’ with you while you’re trying to grow your business. Sometimes the ‘chat’ feature (Facebook) can be distracting when family and friends see you’re online but don’t realize you’re working. Twitter is one of the most ‘balls to the walls’ social media websites on the internet.
How to Effectively Use Twitter
1. Sign up with Polldaddy, create a poll or survey, and tweet it.
2. Ask questions to gain insight about followers.
3. Tweet blog posts and other relevant links.
4. Some experts believe it’s best to ‘tweet‘ at 5 pm EST; post one to four tweets per hour.
5. Tweet during the midweek and weekend.
6. Write and post attention grabbing tweets.
7. If you’re an ‘expert’ in your field, show it by sharing your opinions about your industry.
8. Share tips and tricks. What works for you? What works for your customers?
9. If you’ve developed a ‘new tool’ for customers, share it!
10. If you hire a freelance writer to review your product (social media or writing software, writing app, etc.) and write about it, share the review on Twitter.
- Freelance Writer Takes Photos like Annie Leibovitz … Impresses Editors (savvy-writer.com)
- Twitter To Start Displaying Promoted Tweets in User Streams (hubspot.com)