If the thought of blogging for your business has got you down in the dumps, it’s time to turn that smile upside down. In this post you’ll find blogging quotes that will inspire you to embrace the “blog.”
Blogging doesn’t have to be a chore. It’s fun and easy to do, if you understand the reason “why” you’re writing.
Experts agree that if you start a blog and focus solely on making money, you’ll fail. Why? Because you won’t provide value to your readers. You’ll view them as ATM machines who can line your wallet and savings account. People can tell if you’re authentic. And remember, desperation is a strong perfume.
If you’re struggling with your small business blog, it’s time to relax and let go. Read the blogging quotes below, read them twice or three times if you have to. Let the wisdom sink into your mind and soul and then outline a post and write it.
Inspirational Blogging Quotes that Will Make You Feel Better
1. “A blog is only as interesting as the interest shown in others.” Lee Odden, Optimize: How to Attract and Engage More Customers by Integrating SEO, Social Media, and Content Marketing
2. “Blogging isn’t about publishing as much as you can. It’s about publishing as smart as you can.” Jon Morrow
3. “Too many companies think they want to do a video blog to sell merchandise, but if you turn your site into QVC, you lose. I have an audience that trusts me. It’s about building a global brand – not selling four more bottles of Pinot Grigio.” Gary Vaynerchuk
4. “One reason I encourage people to blog is that the act of doing it stretches your available vocabulary and hones a new voice.” Seth Godin
5. “It’s not easy for an entrepreneur to find the time to blog. But for those who do it, it is a great tool to communicate with the various stakeholders in their business and build a reputation for thought leadership.” Fred Wilson
6. “If you take a print magazine with a million person circulation, and a blog with a devout readership of 1 million, for the purpose of selling anything that can be sold online, the blog is infinitely more powerful, because it’s only a click away.” Timothy Ferriss
7. “When I work with my art department on putting imagery together for my blog posts I always think, ‘Would I pin this?’ That really helps.” Lauren Conrad
8. “I generally blog between 5:30 A.M. and 7 A.M. I will from time to time add something during the day, but for the most part blogging is an early morning activity for me.” Fred Wilson
9. “My blogging life is basically goalless. I like the zen nature of that, and paradoxically, it improves results.” Seth Godin
10. “If you’re going to fall out of love with public approval, something interesting will happen: people will be deeply attracted to your work.” Jeff Goins
11. “Successful people don’t spam.” Adrienne Smith
12. “Blogging is good for your career. A well-executed blog sets you apart as an expert in your field.” Penelope Trunk
13. “If you accept all the praise, you have to accept all the critics.” Chris Brogan
14. “I’ve never done a film before where every single person in the audience knows the ending. I mean suspense, twists are almost impossible these days. People are blogging your endings from their cinema seats.” Danny Boyle
The next time you want to ditch your small business blog, refer back to this post for a bit of inspiration. Blogging is like a running a marathon. You must keep a steady pace, stay focused and visualize the end.
If you enjoyed this post, click here for free email updates!