If you’d like to gain more web traffic, consider building and exchanging links. Connecting with the right people and websites can draw more visitors to your website and vice versa. Make sure the business owners, artists, authors, writers, etc. are a good fit for you. Avoid exchanging links just for the sake of exchanging links. Think about the relevancy of links before you agree to link exchanges.
Some freelance artists and writers, authors, and business owners may be wary of exchanging links because they don’t personally know the people who want to exchange links. Get to know the people! Read testimonials, comments, and scour social media sites. Put your journalism hat on and ask “Who, What, When, Where, How, and Why.” This way you can put your mind at ease and know you’re exchanging links with people who are honest and have integrity.
What can you gain by exchanging links?
- Increase your business connections.
- Gain more followers on your website and social media sites.
- You can gain more influence.
- Gain more exposure for your art, books, or small business.
- Increase your monthly income.
Exchanging links doesn’t have to be painful. It’s a wonderful way to connect with other like-minded people and to provide useful information to visitors. Do your homework before you agree to link exchanges. Check out websites and their owners. Make sure you’re comfortable with having your name and website listed on other websites. It’s all right to decline link exchanges — it’s not the end of the world!
- Free Web Site Traffic Sources (marketersdaily.com)
- Building Reciprocal Links through your Ruby Lane and Ruby Plaza shops Favorite Links Page (rubylane.com)
- link-exchange (holyblasphemy.net)
- Mondays Menu at the Small Biz Link Exchange, 4/4/2011, 12:00 am (azhomeshowwomengroup.wordpress.com)
- Mondays Menu at the Small Biz Link Exchange, 4/4/2011, 12:00 am (azsmallbizsocialmeetup.wordpress.com)
- Linking Strategy For Content Sites (marketersdaily.com)
- Ways to Get Guaranteed Traffic to Your Website (emarketingpilgrim.wordpress.com)