The healing arts profession has taken the world by storm. More and more people are entering into hypnotherapy, reiki, massage therapy, and other professions. Your website alone is not enough to make you stand out from the crowd. Most people surfing the internet are looking for information that can help them improve their lives. If you don’t incorporate a blog within your website, you could be missing out on potential clients.
Blogging is easy to do. There are many blogging systems that you could use such as WordPress, Blogspot, Typepad, and many others. WordPress is the most popular blog choice. You have the choice between WordPress.com and WordPress.org. If you use WordPress.org, you’ll need to register a domain name or link it to your website.
Blogging Tips and Tricks
- Keep blogs between 350 – 700 words. A blog over 700 words is best broken up into two blogs. Some readers’ eyes will start to “glaze over” if a blog is longer than 700 words.
- Incorporate videos, podcasts, and graphics into your blog. This is a great way to spice up your blog. Keep videos and podcasts short; the minimum is 15 minutes.
- Write a blog daily or every other day. It’s best to post a blog each day. If time is an issue, write a blog every other day. You may want to have blogs in “reserve” in case you take a vacation or are teaching at a conference like Hayhouse’s I Can Do It.
- Attention getting headlines will draw readers to your website. You want to hook your readers with eye catching headlines. These are headlines will make visitors stop and read your blog.
- Provide unique content that will actually help your readers. Many people are saying the same thing just in a different package. Make your blog and content unique. It’s all right to regurgitate what’s already being said, but set yourself apart from other healing arts professionals with unique content.
- Incorporate SEO (search engine optimization) into your blog. Research keywords and meta tags for your website. If you don’t understand this, consult with someone (hire me!)
- Make sure to incorporate an RSS Feed on your website so visitors can subscribe to your blog. Invite visitors to sign up for your blog this way they’ll receive the latest information.
Blogging can enhance your website. Many companies are starting to incorporate blogs. Years ago they wouldn’t have thought about putting a blog on a website. Technology moves at a rapid pace. If you don’t keep up, you could lose potential clients and business. More importantly, you miss out on the opportunity to help more people than you already have.
What is stopping you from creating a blog?