Freelance writers who write every day need to stay focused and sharp. Eating a good breakfast and drinking plenty of water can help but it’s not enough. Doing mental exercises stimulates your brain; they’re fun to do! If you feel restless during the day, stop writing, and do a mental exercise. It will give your mind something to focus on other than your writing freelance deadlines!
Studies have shown that exercising the mind is a great way to keep it healthy. Obviously, freelance writers stimulate their minds by researching and writing every day, but this can become tedious and boring. Reading blogs, books, magazines, and newspapers is one way to exercise your mind but doing mind exercise could a lot of fun. Remember when you were a kid? Perhaps you exercised your mind by doing Mad Libs, jumbles, word searches, crossword puzzles, painting, and other games. There’s no reason you can’t pick up a couple of these fun activities. Don’t worry about getting weird looks from people — they’ll probably think you’re buying Mad Libs for your kids!
10 Mental Exercises for Freelance Writers
1. How many words can you make out of “Freelance Writers?”
2. How many words can you make out of “Freelance Writing?”
3. How many words can you make out of “Freelancer?”
4. How many words can you make out of “Freelance Writing Business?”
5. Write a short story using these words: Freelance writer, clients, business, deadline, schedule, morning, busy, articles, blog, and networking.
6. Buy crossword puzzles.
7. Purchase a couple of word jumbles.
8. Play a game of Scrabble against the computer.
10. Learn new words from a ‘word-of-the-day’ calendar or read the dictionary.
Freelance writers can use mental exercises to keep their writing skills sharp. It’s a fantastic way to exercise your mind to keep it stimulated. Also, you may need a break now and again from your freelance writing. Not only is doing one of these mind exercises fun, but it’s a way for you to take a break from your daily writing schedule. You don’t want to get burned out! Drink plenty of water throughout the day and have fun exercising your mind. Who knows? You could think of new article or blog ideas that you may not have thought of if you didn’t take the time to sharpen your mind. Have fun!